Friday, July 10, 2009

Thanks for coming by to visit this Pink Saturday. I just have a few photos today from the past week to share. The first on is some coneflowers I saw at Centennial Park. We have been really blessed with good weather over the Fourth of July weekend. Usually it is HOT and HUMID on the fourth but this year it turned out really pleasant. Since it was so nice I got out quite a bit to take pictures, a really nice way to spend the holiday.

This next one is some coneflowers I saw when I was walking to work on Monday. The coneflowers seem to be on every block, and doing really well this year. I have to admit though that I am beginning to pass them by, as I see them everywhere I go. I am glad I didn't walk past these, as I caught a little bee gathering pollen from this one.
I wish I knew what these next ones were- someone called them garden fireworks on flickr- If anyone knows what they really are-please let me know. I am really curious.

Last but not least was the one pink firework I caught on Saturday night. I walked down to the park from where I live to watch them. It was a lot of fun and I swear I'm going to get down there earlier next year to get some of the great food and enjoy the music.



Well, I hope you enjoyed the pics today as much as I enjoyed sharing them with you all. Take care of yourselves and don't forget to go see http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ for the rest of the fun.


24 comments:

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Hi Susan!
Beautiful pink post. I love cone flowers, they are so hardy, and seem to put up with so much neglect. They still smile and bloom for us. Just love them, so thanks for sharing. Happy PS. Country Hugs, Sherry

ItaJeff said...

Absolutely wonderful flowers..
Happy PS

Lots of luv,
Ita

Catharina Maria said...

Your photos are great !
Rini the Netherlands

Anonymous said...

Look at the bees feasting on the sweets :-) I don't know the last one two but I think it's interesting - both the pink and those yellow ones with spike-like petals(?)

Happy Pink Saturday!

caren said...

I love the pink cone flowers! Happy PS!

♥Mimi♥ said...

Your blog is always so sweet and pink on Saturday! Thanks so much for sharing this week☺

Hope the sun is shining in your corner of the world and that your weekend is filled with happiness surrounded by everyone you l♥ve.

Regina said...

Lovely blooms.

Happy PS.
Regina

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

A pink firework, how cool!!

Mary said...

Hi Susan!
Pretty coneflowers! Love them! Every garden should have them! Happy Pink Saturday!
Mary :)

Bill said...

I love cone flowers! Great pictures.

Claudia said...

Hi Susan.
Nice cone flower shot.

I decided this year to not take any firework shots as they all seem to be the same... however, i some how wish i had.. :) just to have the most currant. hhahha

TTFN~~Claudia ♥

Unknown said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Susan! I adore pink cone flowers! I grew them in my garden in Maryland and in Texas, but I can't seem to find them here in CA. Those other flowers are so fabulous! Post the name for us, as I don't have any idea what they are either!

Enjoy your weekend!

Tina

Nancy said...

Great pic of the fireworks. There are some going off here tonight, not sure why, and I was going to try to photo them, but it is too cloudly. Loved yours. Happy Pink Saturday!

Claudia said...

Great photos! I love the close-up of the coneflowers! Beautiful! Happy Pink Saturday!

Light and Voices said...

Wonderful capture of cone flowers.
Joyce M

Dreamgirl said...

Beautiful pictures!

Well, a pretty late Pink Saturday to you... I hope your week will be blessed and sunny!

Greetings from Spain

fairiemoon said...

Susan,
What stunning deep pink coneflowers!

I am throwing my 100th Blog post party today and in celebration am running 5 give-aways. Please be sure to stop on by! I'd love to have you! I will leave the post up until Wednesday and conduct the drawings next Friday in time for Pink Saturday!

Happy Pink Saturday!
Erin

http://www.fairiemoon.typepad.com

SmilingSally said...

I'm glad that you had a good 4th and that you showed some of the pretty sights you enjoy. Have a happy day.

Linda said...

Lovely photography and lovely pinks! I love the cone flowers and the fireworks are really wonderful! Happy Pink Saturday,

Linda

Anonymous said...

Such beautiful photographs! Some day, I want to visit Kansas! Pink Hugs, Patti

Cathi said...

Happy Pink Saturday! I love your pink flower photos. Cone flowers are a favorite of mine with hydrangeas at the top of the list. Hibiscus are another favorite and I do believe your unknown flower is a hibiscus.

Mary Bergfeld said...

I love the pinks you've chosen to share with us today. I loved the sunrise. Your photos are really great. I hope you are having a wonderful day and enjoying this long weekend.

susan said...

Susan Your pictures, especially the field, are gorgeous! The unidientified flower looks like a hibiscus but the leaves do not! Thanks for sharing these!

Website SEO said...

I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I really appreciate the kind of topics you post here.