My dear sister Nancy is always giving me fun vintage items she finds. She likes to go to auctions and tag sales and she often brings me something from them when she finds something she knows I will like. This item has pears in it and I love pear motifs and have them in my kitchen. My grandmother Marie had a pear tree in her backyard and she made wonderful pear butter from those delicious pears. Does anyone have a pear butter recipe? I would love to have one. Since my kitchen is pink and green and this is blue, I keep it in my bathroom instead(it is blue).
Yesterday I also went to our local antique mall to see what I could find. I didn't end up buying anything but I did find this very sweet Holly Hobby record player. I thought you all would enjoy it with it's blue horn and all. I have to admit it really tempted me even though I don't have any records at all.
I love what it said: Start each day on a happy note. I actually have a little portable record player in my basement that was my grandmothers. I used to take all my records over to grandma's house when I would visit her and she would listen to them with me.
Connie at Living Beautifully http://connie-livingbeautifully.blogspot.com/ did a post yesterday where she challanged her readers to do the same. I told Connie I accepted her challange so here goes:
7 Things I plan to do before I die:
1. Visit my friends in other countries-Indonesia, Malaysia, etc.
2. Learn how to draw and paint
3. Learn how to play an instrument
4. Get my home more organised so no one has too much to deal with when I die
5. Learn to fly
6. Do some short-term missions work
7. See my Neices/Nephew's get married and Have children(if they choose)
7 Things I can do:
1. Bake good bread
2. Drive stick shift
3. Make an excellent stir fry
5. Make my neices and nephews laugh
7. Find my way in strange city with a good map.
7 Things I can't do:
1. Jump on a pogo stick
2. Keep an indoor plant alive for more than a year
3.Hold a snake(I just don't want to!)
4. Go up to top of the John Hancock building in Chicago(did it once and almost fainted!)
6. Sing(Wish I could!)
7. Play an instrument
7 things that attract me to my Mister:
I don't have a mister so what would attract me to one:
7 Celebrity Admirations:
1. Robert Duvall
2. Audrey Hepburn
3. Corrie Ten Boom(author)
4. C.S. Lewis ( author)
5. Whoever invented air conditioning
6. Ted Dekker(author)
7 Favorite Foods:
5. Black Walnut Bread
6. Mint anything
Don't forget to go check out everybody else at http://smilingsally.blogspot.com/. Thanks so much Sally for hosting this fun event!
I almost forgot-any comments left today count toward my giveaway! I will draw a name tomorrow and announce the winner on Wednesday.