Saturday, December 4, 2010

Hope your weekend is off to a great start this morning. As you can see my keyboard has been replaced and all the letters of the alphabet are back at my disposal. Yeah! I had planned on showing you some projects I have been working on but I haven't really worked on them enough to show yet , so instead I'm sharing a hint of spring. Below are some beautiful tulips I found at Shawnee Lake In Topeka Kansas last Spring. They are almost worth suffering through winter to see again. They have amazing plantings there at the Lake and last year was the first year I became aware of them(I don't live in Topeka but in another town near it). If you live anywhere nearby make the effort to go next spring-you won't be sorry.



Here is my favorite recipe- It was something my mother always made in our house when we were kids and I still make it at the holidays every year. It is for the best black walnut bread in the world! I have to admit though- it is the only recipe I have ever tried for black walnut bread.
3 cups white flour
3 cups graham flour( whole wheat flour can be used instead)
2 1/2 cups sweet milk
4 eggs
2 cups sugar
2 t. salt
6t. baking powder
1 1/2 cups ground black walnuts
6 T. vegtable oil

Mix and let stand 20 minutes Pour into greased loaf pans-we always put a small piece of wax paper in the bottomn of the pan for easier removal of the bread-start baking at 425 for fifteen minutes, then 350 for forty five minutes. total baking time is 1 hour.

Hope you enjoy the bread-let me know how you like it!
Hop on over to Beverly's and make sure you visit some more Pink Saturday Ladies! http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/ Thank you Beverly for hosting this wonderful weekly event! It always lifts my spirits.

10 comments:

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, I am excited about trying this recipe! I have never had black walnut bread, but it sounds delicious! Thank you so much for sharing your mother's recipe. Have a nice weekend! Twyla

Tammy @BeatriceBanks said...

Pretty flowers and a delicious sounding recipe. Sounds like a great pink Saturday to me!
I'm your newest follower and would be delighted for you to retun the favor!
Happy PS!
Tammy @www.beatricebanks.blogspot.com

Jan Hennings said...

Oh my! Black Walnut Bread sounds so good! I love tulips in the Spring :)

Donnie said...

That recipe sounds so good and I love your photos. Happy Pink Saturday.

Nancy said...

I just love black walnuts. Thank you for the recipe!

I'm still visiting around for Pink Saturday. Have a wonderful week.

Matrix Reimprinting said...

Hope spring would come soon!

Rawai Guesthouse said...

The recipe sounds and looks good!

Pune university affiliated colleges said...

Nice flowers .
Thanks for sharing

mba colleges in Pune said...

This is a nice article

mba in pune said...

Hiii
I really liked the flowers and the delicious recipe