Saturday, September 13, 2008

Happy Pink Saturday to one and all!

Happy Pink Saturday to one and all! I missed being able to participate last week due to computer problems but thankfully things are better this weekend. Last night I decided to share some pics with you that I took awhile back. The first one is of a flower in my back yard on a rather old fashioned bush called a rose of sharon. The ones I have are all volunteers and I have some pink bushes and some white ones. I love them(partly because they are volunteers) for the gorgeous abundant blooms and because my grandmothers used to have them in their gardens. I wish I inherited their green thumbs but I seem to have a furry thumb instead(as in cats and dogs tend to love me).

The second pic is of some fake roses I keep in my bedroom. I love the "pop" of the pink roses against the contrast of the cobalt walls. I keep them in a pitcher/bowl that my step-mother Freda made in a ceramics class before my father met her. Their anniversery is 9-22-00. She is a real blessing to our whole family. I'm not sure how she got stuck with all of us (but I sure am glad!)


The last pic I took when my neice Claire and I went out looking for rusty things a while back for the Shades of Inspiritation group I belong to on Flickr.com. Lots and lots of fun. It is just a little window box with some pink flowers doing their best to grow. I love the lace curtains the slightly delapidated charm of the house/business. It was hard to tell which it was.

Well thanks for stopping by today. Don't forget to see all the other nice ladies particapating today at Beverly's http://howsweetthesound.typepad.com/. Have a great pink week. Susan



31 comments:

Bee Haven Bev said...

Lovely pink flowers, Susan...have a wonderful Pink weekend, yourself!

Debbies-English-Treasures said...

LOVE THE PINK FLOWERS... AND THE WINDOW BOX (PINK OF COURSE)!
KISSES
DEBBIE MOSS
(FROM ENGLAND)

Katie said...

Oh such lovely florals! Happy Pink Saturday!

Virginia said...

Lovely pink flowers.
Happy Pink Saturday!
Blessings, Virginia

SmilingSally said...

The first bloom looks like a hibiscus. Happy Pink Saturday!

Anonymous said...

That window box looks so quaint and cozy.
Brenda

Cottage said...

I could not believe the roses in your bedroom are 'faux', they look so real!
My favorite is the Rose of Sharon, you captured its glory beautifully!

Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
I think the Rose of Sharon plant is so lovely. That last photo you took while out and about is fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Lovely flowers and the window is a winner. Your cobalt walls are stunning and the roses are a great contrast Susan. Have a great weekend.

Hugs...Jeanne

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I'd love to have that window box!

Gabriela said...

Happy Pink Saturday!

Lovely, lovely PINK flowers! Such a happy post!

~ Gabriela ~

Anonymous said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Susan.

I love the way the pink stands out against the blue wall. Quite striking.

Sherrie said...

Love the window box! I've always wanted window boxes, but never seemed to get around to doing any. Your pink flowers are beautiful!! Take Care!!

Sherrie

Anonymous said...

I love the window shot!

Charlotte said...

Love all the pink things. Glad your computer is up again. What did we women do before computers came along? No blogging. That's for sure.

Sherry Goodloe said...

Happy Pink Saturday!!

Thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog post today. I didn't have your e-mail address, so I'm answering your question about my coffee filter roses here.

I am working on a tutorial that I should have available soon in my etsy shop. I've been putting it off until the roses have been published in an upcoming Stampington magazine.

Anonymous said...

What sweet things you said about your step-mom!!! Love the windowbox picture---such a great statement. My mom used to have rose of sharon bushes, too!

Glad you liked the denture post--now you must snag a castoff set or two at work and do a little Autumnal decorating! Dana

Susan (Between Naps On The Porch.net) said...

Hi Susan...thanks for stopping by my pink posting today. Love all your pink pics...window box is so sweet...and the Rose of Sharon is stunning! Thanks for sharing these! Susan

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Pinks. Have a lovely weekend!

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Hello Susan!

Lovely Pink Saturday post! My favorite is the window box!!!

Hugs,
Maryjane

Anonymous said...

You are right - when I pass the Lawrence, Kansas exit tomorrow I promise to WAVE REALLY BIG! It has rained 3 days here from Ike - I haven't heard this much rain for years!

Missy Wertz said...

The Rose of Sharon is a beautiful flower! Happy Pink Saturday!

Suzie Button said...

Hi Susan I love your pink flowers, your blue walls look like they're gorgeous also! happy Pink Saturday! Suzie

Mo..."Mo's Cottage" said...

Your flowers are so pretty.....but I really like that window....I bet that window can tell some stories.....
Hugs,
Mo :-)

Anonymous said...

I just love Rose of Sharon. It's such a pretty old fashioned kind of flower. And now you tell me they send out volunteers. My neighbor has a Rose of Sharon and I am going to go there this week and see if there are any volunteers I might have. Happy Pink Belated Saturday ~ Lynn

Anne Fannie said...

Hello Susan,

I love that pink flower in your first picture! It almost looks fake! The window box is to cute!

Happy belated Pink Saturday!

Love, Ann

KatCollects said...

Beautiful flowers, happy pink weekend : )
Kathy

Lara said...

how refreshing! a wonderful pink post!

Dawn said...

Beautiful flowers! Happy pink!

Anonymous said...

Those roses could be on Pink Sat. AND Blue Mon.

Anonymous said...

I ran across your post while searching for lace curtains. I love the window box! You don't see those too often any more. Love your photos...thanks for sharing